Monday, February 25, 2013

Insanity Workout Day 15: What you can MEASURE, You can IMPROVE!

The first day of the INSANITY program you have to complete a fit test that you will then be asked to repeat every two weeks throughout the entire program. The purpose of the fit test exercise is so you can track your progress as you move through the sixty day program. This workout can be used in two ways.

  1. A way to push yourself each time you test ensuring that you will beat your last results and
  2. As well as it is a visual reminder of how far you have come in the past few weeks. 
I must admit that I was happy to see the needle move on a couple of the exercises given that the scale needle seems to be glued in place. But we will get back that in a moment.

My baseline: Week 1 Results:
Source: cedricc.be via Courtney on Pinterest
  • Switch Kicks - 60
  • Power Jacks - 43
  • Power Knees - 60
  • Power Jumps - 20
  • Globe Jumps - 6
  • Suicide Jumps - 13
  • Push-up Jacks - 13
  • Low Plank Oblique - 40
Beginning of Week 3 Results:
  • Switch Kicks - 77 (+17)
  • Power Jacks - 50 (+8)
  • Power Knees - 75 (+15)
  • Power Jumps - 21 (+1)
  • Globe Jumps - 8 (+2)
  • Suicide Jumps - 15 (+2)
  • Push-up Jacks - 19 (+6)
  • Low Plank Oblique - 50 (+10)


For me, my results tell me that I am still "weak" when it comes to jumping. I use the word "weak" loosely because I am not viewing these results as a negative but rather a way to focus on what I need to improve on in the weeks to come. On a loose average it appears that I have increased my numbers by 25%. As I begin the next two weeks of workout routines I now know I will need to really push myself when it comes to power jumps, globe jumps and suicide jumps in order to increase my numbers on my next fit test. It will be my own challenge to move the needle another 5% on March 11th when I complete my third fit test.

As for my other measurements, the scale seems to be stuck in time and I have only seen an inch lost around my stomach. Although these numbers are not WOW numbers I try to remind myself that it has only been fifteen days and to imagine what another fifteen days will do for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment